Sunday 27 November 2011

Cecila- Victorian Anatomy study

I have looked into various books with illustrations and photographs of women from the 19th Century. As most people know, Victorian women wore almost ridiculously tight corsets from a young age (to the point that their rib cages had trouble developing). I wanted to take the forms from the photos and especially the illustrations, as they seem to express what Victorians considered beautiful/perfect/pleasant to look at.
The round and sunken shoulders for example is very obvious in many victorian illustrations/paintings of women.





Eye colour is very important to me, I feel because survival horror tends to lean towards the more monochrome tones, colours that exist anywhere in design will stand out a lot more than usual. However I do plan to give my level colour. Cecilia is a very important figure in the level.


0 comments:

Post a Comment