Thursday 17 November 2011

Blockout- starting from scratch

I took the time to create some placeholder textures just to see how the area looks with proper surfaces. This is a blockout from scratch since the last one I had to scrap due to scripting complications.
Sadly I think everything is a little too big- too wide and spacey, this might be due to the lack of objects, but I can still imagine it being too friendly and open. I will alter this after getting feedback.


I would like to create a very bare HUD, here you can see I previewed the level without one. I imagine every time the player gets caught by the monster she will only have one or two chances before she dies, so instead of using a life bar I would need something else to indicate injuries like the reddening of the screen or shaking camera.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment